• Page 1 of 1
Magick Center Forum » Articles » Beginner » Basic shielding
Basic shielding
AsmodeusDate: Thursday, 2010-07-01, 12:23 PM | Message # 1
Beginner
Group: Moderators
Shielding

Marshmallow Shield
These shields are rather basic however they can be quite effective. These work by being marshmallow-like, which means that they are very soft and very thick, when struck with an attack they absorb the impact and the attack, which will then stick inside the ''marshmallow'' and then the shield will leach off the energy, thus keeping itself strong. It might however be a good idea to clean your shield out every now and then, in case it gets clogged with attacks.
Think of it like a Kevlar vest, you can easily push your finger into them, but a bullet doesn't go through them, because of its velocity. It is the same with these shield, they are soft and easy to push, however anything you don't want to go through, won't.

To make one of these, just push energy out around you until you have a bubble of energy surrounding you, which means the energy goes right up to your skin. Then you just programme it to do all the things I listed above.

Fire Shield
This is a relatively simple shield, but it can give excellent results when used to its fullest extent. I came across this when experimenting with shields and elemental energy and it works wonders for me, however you may need to change a few things when you do it yourself, just tinker until it feels right for you.

To do this you will need to either draw on a source of fire energy, or produce your own. I explained how to transform your own energy into fire energy in my posts on element energy manipulation, but here it is for anyone who forgot.

Sit in a comfortable position and clear your mind. Visualise your body on fire, but only see the image, don't feel it, we don't want you tricking yourself into thinking you have succeeded now do we? Then push your energy into the image, visualise and feel it taking on the properties of fire. Let it consume you, loose yourself in pushing the energy into the fire until you can push no more, then open up and feel the fire all around you. Again you can localise the energy to a specific area or just let it flow around you and warm your whole body.

Ok, now that you have fire energy, push it out into a ball surrounding you, make it approximately 30cm (12 inches) thick at the least, and compress the energy, so you have the maximum amount of energy in that space possible. Programme the energy in your fire-wall to burn any negative or detrimental energy.

You can also programme the shield to take some negative energy and transform it into fire energy to keep the shield sustained; however I do not usually do this. For me this is an outside shield, the first line of defence, and I like to use it to see how often I am getting hits from negative energy, so I let holes form in it and then fill them every few days or once a week.

Earthed Shield
These shields are stationary, they remain around an object, such as a room, a house, or if you own a large property you can easily place it around the whole thing. There are a couple of ways you can build these, one only puts extra energy in when it is attacked, another is a constant stream of new energy running across the shield, and the other is exponential, the longer the shield is there the more energy is pumped into it and the stronger it becomes. I don't advise using the last one of those I just mentioned unless you are a capable of removing it when necessary, and by that time it may be immensely powerful, so best not to play with it. The other two, I don't particularly have a preference between the two, so just go with whatever you want to.

To create these shields you will need to use Earth energy, because it is the most readily available. Build a box from it, with a tube extending from one side and connecting to the ground, this will be where the energy comes from, then create another tube connected to your shield, this will be where the energy exits and powers your shield. It is advisable to keep this box inside the shield, because if it is outside it then it

My thanks to Luzifer who long ago taught me the earthed shield idea smile

Chaos magick cannot be defined because then it would have order and therefore no longer be chaos

Magick Center Forum » Articles » Beginner » Basic shielding
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024