The Magick Center Friday, 2024-05-17, 4:41 AM
Welcome Knowledge Seeker | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Magick Center Forum » Articles » Beginner » Help With Meditation (Sometimes people misunderstand the use of/for meditation.)
Help With Meditation
Lady_SnowDate: Sunday, 2010-06-27, 1:32 AM | Message # 1
Beginner
Group: Checked
Meditation is recommended and occasionally a necessity of magic.
-including Astral Travel

Many people also seem to think that meditation takes a great deal of concentration.
- This isn't necessarily true.

Being that there are countless variants of meditation it's not at all as difficult as a great number of people would agree on.

The main reasons people have trouble with it all can be narrowed down into one very broad reason; lack of understanding.

Not lack of knowledge per-say, just not understanding the extraordinary amount of possibilities with meditation technique.

*Tai Chi- (my favorite) is difficult because it doesn't exactly focusonclearing the mind but calming it and sense it is known as one of the ''moving'' techniques of meditation when most others are done in a still position it is working with physical balance; balance isn't the easiest thing on the planet.
- Not all meditation techniques are used to ''clear the mind''.

* Standard/Traditional- is difficult because you have to sit still and relax while sitting up.
- This is not a natural formation for the human body making it a tad uncomfortable to first few times.

*Laying Down- this is difficult because it puts a strain on the legs and the back while as many people have a hard time keeping them straight.

*Sitting Erect in a Chair- (one that I do not recommend) Is difficult because it's like the standard/traditional but adding to it is issue of lack of space.
- Meditation is recommended to be practiced in open space to give free breathing and no distractions such as a swivel chair not sitting still or the arm rests surrounding you.

These are just a few of the basic forms and I add Tai Chi because I love it.

Either way you do it, there's always something there. If you don't like the techniques presented to you look up on google a different form, read about its uses and effects; if you like what you read, try it.
- There are too many meditation techniques that you couldn't possibly find one that fits your fancy.

''There's always something''

--

Also try to remember that it is a common misconception that meditation is only meant to ''clear your mind''.

Personally I don't think this is true at all.

If one were to clear their mind that would be the same as telling them to stop thinking; nearly impossible for humans that aren't '6 feet under'.

Now then, what is it for if not to clear the mind?

Easy, think about it...

Q-If you don't think about strains, life obstacles, goals that aren't being reached, problems (in general) or any of those stressful, self delivered burdens of daily life what do you have?

A- Someone that's meditating for one.

[Meditation can mean multiple things; such as cleaning the mind of junk and unwanted thoughts - or self deliberations and judgment - or thinking very deeply to solve a problem etc...
Meditation is not rigid at all, many tend to think it is.]

The key to true meditation can and should, at the least often times be relaxation.

Do not concentrate on forcing yourself to stop thinking, it's hopeless; I've tried ;).
Just breathe and relax, listen to soothing sounds or lay back into a comfortable pillow - whatever you want; just relax.

Within temptation, I fall behind.

Magick Center Forum » Articles » Beginner » Help With Meditation (Sometimes people misunderstand the use of/for meditation.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024