[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Magick Center Forum » Magick Forums » Debate » Teleportation
Teleportation
AsmodeusDate: Monday, 2010-06-28, 11:05 AM | Message # 1
Beginner
Group: Moderators
Ok, less of a debate, more discussion, I just want to know what people feel about this smile Is it possible? If so, how? What are the benefits? Limitations? etc

Chaos magick cannot be defined because then it would have order and therefore no longer be chaos

LadyOblivionDate: Monday, 2010-06-28, 11:21 AM | Message # 2
Seeker
Group: Checked
Teleportation has been done scientifically. Here is the link on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation

now a you can see this is quantum teleportation and another link shows yet more breakthroughs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3811785.stm

But in all seriousness to teleport a large complex thing(not even a human say a leaf) would be immense and so many variable to look at. Now if you want to look magick wise, i would think to be able to teleport yourself or anything any distance you must be able to have a grasp of what it is, all the variables which effect it and so forth and so forth.

Also when you teleport something you are cloning it. It is a copy of the original and of course the original is destroyed. So say if you were to teleport yourself you would be a copy not who you were.

Right theres a little piece to begin with but it seriously early here so brain still engaging but will add some more later once people have put some more down themselves wink

evil in a nice way

bookmistressDate: Monday, 2010-06-28, 1:15 PM | Message # 3
Trainee
all i can say is good luck with that

AsmodeusDate: Monday, 2010-06-28, 3:37 PM | Message # 4
Beginner
Yeah, I have a had a look at quantum teleportation before, found it interesting, however moving anything of a decent size would take a lot of energy. Moving a whole atom, even a small atom like hydrogen would take scary amounts of energy. As you said, moving anything would be so difficult, even if it were possible to teleport whole atoms, however, from what Wikipedia has told me and from what I remember from a book by hawking, wormholes theoretically exist, if it were possible to make a small localised wormhole that functions in this dimension and connected to teh other end is your destination, teleportation could be doable, however, the technology required to do this would be immensely huge.

Looking at it in a magickal sense, all it would take is a paradigm shift to truly believe and understand that space in an illusion, that it is as easy to walk down the street as it is to take a step and end up in Portugal (random country), a long with the right level of energy (which would still be A LOT as to do it at all you would need to break through every other persons ideas on what's possible and what isn't) and understanding of how to use the tension and energy in the right way, you could do it. A mutual friend of ours is working on just that LadyO smile

I disagree with you on that you would be cloning yourself and destroying the original, theoretically, you are, in one piece, moving from point A to point C without making contact with point B, so you don't destroy yourself at all. And working on the theory of using a wormhole, or a doorway created on enrgy and tension, you are connecting two points of space together and crossing the previously large gap in a step, so not destroying yourself.

Did you know teleportation isn't in Firefox's dictionary? I am slightly offended.

Chaos magick cannot be defined because then it would have order and therefore no longer be chaos

LadyOblivionDate: Monday, 2010-06-28, 9:09 PM | Message # 5
Seeker
i know its not in operas either. And yes i know about our friend doing something along those lines but was giving a general answer ;). Ahh but that isnt teleportation that is using a wormhole to travel something quite different wink

Added (2010-06-28, 9:09 PM)
---------------------------------------------
true teleportation you would be destroying yourself and becoming something else. You would still feel like you, look, sound,feel and what have you but alas you wouldnt be you.

evil in a nice way

Lady_SnowDate: Monday, 2010-06-28, 9:24 PM | Message # 6
Beginner
Virtually I suppose teleportation is possible.

Although when narrowed down to what people usually think of teleportation (using magic to move something like a person through a worm-hole in space) I say is not physically possible as or right now.
If it were yes it would take unfathomable amounts of energy and the entire process would be extremely unstable. Have you ever seen those scifi movies where they try teleportation and the person comes back all wonky and distorted? Well something like that would happen as worm-holes are infamous for their massive amounts of gravity that literally destroys everything that enters down to a 'T'.

So theoretically, if humans could teleport, they'd be absolutely destroyed and you'd have one nasty mess once they got back.

Regarding, I'm with Bookmistress.
You have fun that...

Within temptation, I fall behind.

bookmistressDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 7:17 AM | Message # 7
Trainee
... i need more rep i should post some more and teliportaion is a interesting thing...

LadyOblivionDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 9:56 AM | Message # 8
Seeker
Ahh well lady snow that all depends what type of singularity you have in said blackhole, weather or not you would be annihilated or pass through. But thats a different subject all together. Perhaps we should also start a thread on wormholes, blackholes and whiteholes.?? But anywho going back to topic in question. I think it would be fraught with limitations the benefits are obvious really. I dunno perhaps throw something in there(though please don't take me as being 100% i'm adding extra fodder), but places huge power conversions such as stone henge and other places, perhaps maybe a way to tap into that and use it ;)(there we are chew chew chew!)

evil in a nice way

Message edited by LadyOblivion - Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 11:16 AM

Lady_SnowDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-30, 0:23 AM | Message # 9
Beginner
It seems this thread is no longer debate, it has become an outlet of theoretical nonsense. happy

Regardless, I agree with you Lady O.
Said idea of powerful places such as stone henge or even the Great Pyramids of Egypt would be perfect for testing such possibilities (if they were possible at the moment).

Tee hee, now you have me thinking of methods to teleport. tut tut aaa

Within temptation, I fall behind.

Message edited by Lady_Snow - Wednesday, 2010-06-30, 0:24 AM

LadyOblivionDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-30, 0:28 AM | Message # 10
Seeker
muahahahahah nice to know i'm doing something. Heading back up to stonehenge myself in a few weeks LOL... urmmmmmm but seriously that was, lets get it in there, remark but urmmmmmmmmmm *LadyO goes off to ponder and drink coffee till sunrise*

evil in a nice way

Magick Center Forum » Magick Forums » Debate » Teleportation
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024